like, okay, i understand the “no, taylor, girl-on-girl hate is bad” response, but
- taylor very publicly called john mayer to task for abusing her
- john mayer said that he “never did anything to deserve” being taken to task, and added that writing the song was “a really lousy thing for her to do”
- When asked about the song’s line, “Don’t you think I was too young to be messed with?” Mayer says, “I don’t want to go into that.”
- john subsequently released a song slamming taylor swift
- katy perry, meanwhile, was dating john, publicly gushing about him, going on tour with him, recording duets and music videos with him, etc.
- and apparently attempted to hire a number of taylor’s key team out from under her while she was touring
- and i don’t like to see any of this dismissed as “girl hate” or “fighting over a guy”
- a teenage girl was abused and publicly named her abuser
- the abuser publicly lashed out at her
- his new partner took it upon herself to rehabilitate his image and talk about how wonderful and sensitive he was, and undercut his victim
- and when she was publicly called to task for this, she retaliated with, “watch out for the regina george in sheep’s clothing,” which is a fucking sick thing to say about a young woman who by her own admission was abused by someone close to you
like, let’s be very real, this is not “girl-on-girl hate,” this is a victim of abuse speaking out after being dragged through the mud by her much older abuser and his much older partner, who supported and replicated his public campaign of humiliation
he lost control, but he’ll never let it happen again
his face as he walks away in the last gif
Don’t try to tell me he didn’t love her.
Yeah, but can we talk about how a man erasing a woman’s memory without her consent because he unilaterally decides it’s best for her is really fucked up? Like, REALLY fucked up?
It was fucked up when the Doctor did it to Donna, it was fucked up when Dean did it to Lisa, it’s just a really, really squicky concept. And the fact that both shows played it off as some noble sacrifice by the guy is just the manpain frosting on the misogyny cake.
I hate this trope with the fire of a thousand suns.
Yes. Good commentary.
Reblogging for the commentary because OMG POOR DONNA!!!!
you people should learn about the goetic demons like for example:
this is prince stolas, he is a long legged owl demon who teaches knowledge about astronomy and herbs to anyone who conjures him
whats not cool about an owl demon
since i already reblogged a post about mel gonzales (pictured right), i didnt want to pass by mentioning scarlett lenh (pictured left), a trans girl who won homecoming queen at her high school in colorado
Dying right now.
I cannot believe this got so many notes. But this is the continuation.
THIS WOMAN IS MY NEW HERO.
WHERE ARE THE SCREEN CAPS FROM HER SENDING THIS TO HIS MOM